General Motors Corp. reportedly is considering producing a new Daewoo model in China named J-200, a successor to Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.’s Nubira compact car. The new model may be produced at GM’s Shanghai joint venture plant, with output slated to begin early next year. A GM official says there are no further plans for any other platform sharing. Korean news reports also say GM and Daewoo are planning on using diesel engines made by Isuzu Motors Ltd. for Daewoo cars. Also, the two will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.