DETROIT – Even though the Memorial Day holiday provided a sales boost, May's industry sales rate might fall as low as 15.8 million units, says a top General Motors Corp. executive. Gary Cowger says GM’s May sales picked up during Memorial Day weekend. That would be the lowest seasonally adjusted annual rate for a month since February’s 15.4 million seasonally SAAR, Ward’s data indicates. If May’s SAAR finishes less than 16.2 million, it would halt three consecutive months of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.