General Motors Corp. wants to add 10-12 distributors annually in Mexico as the market there grows from yearly sales of 850,000 (including medium-duty trucks) last year to over 1 million units in 2003, says Troy A. Clarke, former president of General Motors de Mexico S.A. de C.V. and vice president of Labor Relations as of January. The automaker has 204 points of sale in Mexico owned by 178 franchises, second only to Volkswagen AG with roughly 220 points of distribution, says Mr. Clarke. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.