They've heard it and read it, but as of mid-January no one at General Motors Corp. had been officially informed that there will be an auction for South Korea-based Daewoo Motor Co Ltd. “Well, that's what's been reported in the press,” says Lou Hughes, vice president, New Business Strategies, of an auction for Daewoo. “We have not been officially notified of that — yet. But I suspect that will come given the media reports.” GM's exclusive bargaining arrangement with Daewoo expired in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.