This fall General Motors Corp. says it will offer an all-aluminum Vortec 5.3L V-8 engine as an option on its ’03 Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT and GMC Envoy XL long-wheelbase midsize SUVs due to hit the market in the spring. Although no official ratings are in, GM says the new all-aluminum V-8 will make more than 280 hp and 320 lb.-ft. (434 Nm) of torque. Currently both models have the Vortec 4.2L inline 6-cyl. as their standard engine, which produces 270 hp and 275 lb.-ft. (373 Nm) of torque. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.