VIENNA – General Motors Mfg. Poland produces its 1.5 millionth car at its plant in Gliwice. The milestone vehicle, a red Opel Astra powered by a 1.3L 4-cyl. turbodiesel engine, is destined for a client in Austria. GM Poland, which started production in 1998, primarily manufactures cars under the Opel, Vauxhall and Holden brands. However, the total figure also includes 7,500 Suzuki Wagon R+ microvans, which were built in Gliwice from 2004 to 2007. The Gliwice plant currently makes the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.