TOKYO – General Motors Corp. is edging gently forward in Japan these days, as a niche player in a niche market. The February launch of the Corvette C6 convertible made a satisfying splash as sales of 260 convertibles and coupes emptied Japanese inventory. Next year's allotment of 50 new Corvette Z06 models already has been pre-sold. CTS is only right-hand-drive Cadillac in Japan. But the primary GM push in Japan is behind Cadillac, with sales headed toward 1,000 units this year and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.