An agreement is reached between General Motors Corp. and the U.S. Postal Service to begin site preparation work on the auto maker’s property in Pontiac, MI, for the new NE Metro MI Processing and Distribution Center. The 72-acre (29 ha) site will be prepared for development as soil is processed and old concrete is broken, crushed and used as a base for construction. Site preparation work is expected to take about a year. The land is the site of a former GM foundry.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.