YOSEMITE, NATIONAL PARK, CA – Driver Linette Coffee describes it as the Lexus of buses. General Motors Corp. – which supplies the bus’s new diesel-hybrid propulsion system – would no doubt prefer she call it a Cadillac. Nevertheless, the point is clear: Besides chopping fuel use by at least 40% and some emissions by as much as 90%, the new fleet of 18 GM-powered hybrid electric buses being delivered to Yosemite National Park during the next several weeks are dramatically quieter and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.