VIENNA – General Motors Powertrain-Hungary Ltd. launches serial production of a new 1.6L turbocharged engine at its plant in Szentgotthard, Hungary. GM says the newly developed 180-hp 1.6L turbocharged Ecotec 4-cyl. currently is the most powerful production turbo unit in its displacement class. The engine’s maximum 170 lb.-ft. (230 Nm) of torque is available in a wide band from 2,200 to 5,500 rpm. The 1.6L weighs 289 lbs. (131 kg) and produces 113 hp-per-liter. New engine debuts in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.