PLYMOUTH, MI – General Motors Corp. will transfer production of its ’09 fullsize hybrid pickups to Silao, Mexico, from the product line’s doomed launch site in Oshawa, ON, Canada, a top executive confirms. Additionally, GM’s pickup plant in Toluca, Mexico, will not be shuttered as widely reported. It will produce light-duty trucks for the domestic Mexican market, says Gary White, GM North America vice president-vehicle line executive, fullsize trucks. White and other GM executives at a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.