The newly installed purchasing chief at General Motor Co. expects more turmoil in the supply base as production volumes gain steam and says his shrunken organization is learning to do more with less. Bob Socia, a 34-year veteran of GM who took over from Bo Andersson earlier this summer, also hints GM will start bringing in some suppliers earlier on product programs and says changes he has implemented to the organization over his first 114 days have borne fruit. But Socia, vice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.