MILFORD, MI – Engineers at General Motors Corp.’s proving grounds here unveil two new light-truck engines, the latest volley in a wide-ranging plan that will see the resurgent GM and its Powertrain division launch several significant new or redesigned engines in the next two years. GM Powertrain engineers say new inline 4-cyl. (top) and 5-cyl. engines provide class-leading performance and fuel economy, while optimizing parts commonality to reduce manufacturing cost and complexity. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.