General Motors Corp. reportedly is recalling some 804,000 fullsize trucks and SUVs due to potential problems with the vehicles’ antilock braking systems, federal safety regulators say. The notice applies to ’99-’02 model-year Chevrolet Avalanche and Silverado trucks, Suburban and Tahoe SUVs, GMC Sierra pickups and Yukon and Yukon XL SUVs, the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. says. NHTSA says the problem largely is isolated to northern states where road salt is used in the winter. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.