General Motors Corp. is recalling some of its ’01 and ’02 midsize SUVs to fix seatbelts that were damaged in transit. An undetermined number of midsize SUVs, which include the Chevrolet TrailBlazer and GMC Envoy, are affected. While GM determined the damage was insignificant to passenger safety, the National Highway Transportation Safety Admin. concluded that the seat belts failed to fully comply with federal safety standards. It’s the second time in just over two months GM has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.