General Motors Corp. plans to rename two pickups, the Chevy S-10 and Sierra C3, in more brand management moves aimed at clarifying marketplace positioning and recognition, Ward's has learned. The S-10 will be renamed Colorado when the all-new version, codenamed GMT355, debuts as an '03 model in 2002. A Chevy spokesman declined to comment. But the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office web site confirms GM registered the Colorado name Feb. 2, 2000, about the time word leaked out that Volkswagen ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.