A General Motors Corp.-related company in Russia is the frontrunner in negotiations to purchase Daewoo Motors India Ltd.’s engine, transmission and axle operations, according to reports in The Indian Express and The Financial Express. The facility is Daewoo India’s second-biggest asset after its car assembly plant at Surajpur (Uttar Pradesh), which also has been put on the block by Daewoo Group creditors. Reportedly the GM affiliate would relocate tooling to Russia. Among other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.