“We’ve got car nuts in China just like in the States 50 years ago – really superb product guys who are so focused on product excellence they could easily have a future outside China.” –Bob Lutz, General Motors Corp. vice chairman and product development chief in a Ward’s interview earlier this year. SHANGHAI – Bob Lutz may have had James Shyr, director of design at the GM China Group, in mind when he made that observation. James Shyr, alongside a microvan concept. Asked what he ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.