SAN ANTONIO – Count an all-new turbocharged diesel engine for light-duty pickups among the potential casualties of an exhaustive product review under way at General Motors Corp., but the auto maker still plans to maintain a robust engine lineup in the segment even as buyers continue to flee the market. John Schwegman, product group marketing manager-Chevrolet fullsize and midsize trucks, says long-standing plans to drop an all-new 4.5L V-8 Duramax turbodiesel into ’10 Chevrolet Silverado ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.