NEW YORK – Officially General Motors Corp. is forecasting a 16.1 million- to 16.2 million-unit U.S. market this year. But don’t believe it, says William L. Lovejoy, group vice president-North American Vehicle Sales and Service. "The market is going to be stronger than that," Lovejoy says, adding that sales of some GM models are now exceeding supply. "If I had another 50,000 or 60,000 (Chevrolet) Impalas, I could sell them right away." 2002 Chevrolet Impala In fact, GM's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.