Daewoo Motor America dealers are trying to assess the damage now that it’s apparent they are being shut out of the long-sought deal as General Motors prepares to buy up major assets of South Korea’s insolvent Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. There’s not too much assessing to do after you get past kaput. It’s fairly certain that a pending GM takeover spells the end of Daewoo’s presence in the U.S. – stranding 525 dealers, 1,600 car owners and about 8,000 corporate and dealership employees. Sources ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.