WILMINGTON, DE – General Motors Corp. Chairman John F. (Jack) Smith Jr. tells shareholders here at the company’s annual meeting that he will step down from his post in less than a year. Presiding over his seventh annual meeting for GM, Smith says he will call it quits at the end of April 2003, when he will be 65 years old. GM Chairman John F. (Jack) Smith No successor has been named, but speculation is current CEO Rick Wagoner will be given the chairman’s mantle. Whether ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.