A decision by General Motors Co. to speed up parts payments meets a grateful supply base of some 1,700 companies, but it likely will do little to stem a tide of bankruptcies expected to continue in the sector for some months. “It’s positive from the standpoint that anytime you get better payment predictability and earlier payments to level out cash flow, that is going to help a supplier’s internal cash flow, as well as help their bankers better understand their cash flow and their business ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.