WASHINGTON – General Motors Co. Vice President Ed Welburn says the restructured auto maker is withdrawing its federal loan applications for advanced technology vehicles because the money would add unnecessary debt to the company’s balance sheet. He also reveals at the auto show here plans to accelerate the national rollout of the Chevrolet Volt extended-range electric vehicle, currently available only in select U.S. cities. “The demand is there,” Welburn tells Ward’s after delivering ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.