General Motors Corp. and its Chinese equity alliance partner, Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp., agree to by the idled Shandong province engine plant of former South Korean auto maker Daewoo Motors Co. Ltd. The deal, valued at 2.28 billion yuan ($275.4 million), calls for both auto makers to hold 50% interest in the plant, while the government of the Shandong province holds the remaining 50%.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.