General Motors Corp. and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. team up to bail out GM’s troubled Jinbei venture in Shenyang, China. The deal will create a fourth car-production base for the GM-SAIC team. GM, SAIC and their existing joint venture, Shanghai-General Motors Automotive Co. Ltd., together will purchase the 50% stake held by four other Chinese entities at Jinbei-GM. A 25% stake of Jinbei-GM, which is 50%-owned by GM, would be transferred to SAIC. Then the four Chinese companies ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.