LIUZHOU, China — General Motors Corp. and Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp. (SAIC) extend their partnership through a proposed purchase of leading China mini-vehicle maker Liuzhou Wuling Automotive Co. Ltd. GM and SAIC currently operate a joint venture in Shanghai that produces Buick sedans, minivans and compact cars. The deal with Liuzhou Wuling, based in the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, proposes the largest automotive asset reorganization ever to be executed in China. Under the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.