General Motors Corp. Chief Executive Officer John F. Smith Jr. was paid $12.25 million in salary, bonuses and other incentives in 1999, according to a preliminary proxy statement filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Mr. Smith's salary was nearly triple his 1998 earnings. His 2000 salary is being raised 5% to $2.05 million. GM President G. Richard Wagoner took home $6.25 million in salary and incentives, up from $2.46 million in 1998. GM Vice Chairman Harry Pearce earned ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.