General Motors Corp. sales slipped 4.4% in December, but the auto maker says it posted significant gains on the retail side and thinks 2008 may not harbor the doom and gloom many industry observers anticipate. The auto maker delivered 320,028 new cars and trucks in the 12th month, according to Ward’s data, compared with year-ago’s 334,846. Officials attribute the bulk of the decline to a reduction in fleet sales, which GM trimmed by 107,000 units in 2007 for the lowest level in nine ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.