NEW YORK – Despite a double-digit slump in first-quarter sales of fullsize pickups and a flattening of midsize SUV demand, don’t expect General Motors Corp. to back off on production on those models, says Buick-Pontiac-GMC General Manager Kurt Ritter. Speaking at a Buick press conference here – his first as head of the luxury division – Ritter says GM seeks more production flexibility for its midsize SUVs. More 4-door pickups expected in production mix. "We’re looking at more ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.