After unloading its entire share in Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. last year, General Motors Corp. is selling its 17.4% stake in Suzuki Motor Corp. GM will retain a 3% share of Suzuki, the same level it had before 1998. Suzuki will purchase the shares March 7 in Tokyo at Monday’s closing price of ¥2,490 ($21.20). The sale of the shares back to Suzuki will give GM about $2 billion toward its corporate turnaround plan. GM will receive pre-tax profits of $550 million-$750 million from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.