General Motors Corp. has set a June 30 deadline for creditors and Indian government officials to settle tax issues regarding a former Daewoo Motor India Ltd. (DMIL) factory, or else GM will rescind its offer to buy the plant in Surajpur and consider other production possibilities in the country. GM offered to buy the shuttered factory over a year ago, and it is itching to use the facility to begin minicar production in India. Minicars are extremely popular in India, and GM lacks an entry ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.