General Motors Corp. will spend $14 million to overhaul its Lansing, MI, Genasys Craft Centre to prepare the assembly plant for Cadillac Eldorado production beginning next year, Ward's Automotive Reports has learned. Eldorado currently is built alongside other Cadillacs at GM's Hamtramck, MI, factory. GM was granted a $7 million tax abatement last week and will begin work Aug. 30 to renovate the plant, Lansing Township officials say. The renovation should be completed by Feb. 28, 2000, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.