General Motors Corp. will cut Cadillac Catera/Opel Omega production to one shift at the Adam Opel AG plant in Russelsheim, Germany, beginning Aug. 16, following a three-week vacation/retooling shutdown that kicks off later this month. Currently, Russelsheim operates two shifts for Opel Vectra assembly and a full and “mini” shift for the '99 Catera/Omega. The cutback will reduce daily Catera/Omega production from 417 units to 390, says Horst Bach, an assistant vehicle line executive for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.