General Motors South Africa says it will invest 500 million rand ($81 million) to produce Isuzu Motors Ltd. pickup trucks. The money will go toward upgrading manufacturing plants and boosting capacity at GMSA’s East London facilities. GMSA also will spend 500 million rand on an annual basis to purchase parts from local direct material suppliers. GM purchased the remaining 51% stake it held in South Africa’s Delta Motor Corp. in January, making GMSA a wholly owned General Motors Corp. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.