DETROIT – Despite the new cost-cutting program General Motors Corp. instituted last month with its suppliers, parts makers enjoy doing business with GM, a top executive for the auto maker says. “When you look at the (sales) volume we’ve kept in this marketplace through this recession, I think our suppliers – from what I’m hearing – are glad they’re a GM supplier, because we’ve kept the (sales) volumes up there,” Gary Cowger, president-GM North America, tells Ward's. “I would suppose you ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.