SEOUL — Alan Perriton, General Motors Corp.'s chief negotiator to acquire bankrupt Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd., has been taken aback by the hardball tactics of the Korean automaker's chief creditor bank, sources tell Ward's Automotive International. GM executives met with the Daewoo-Korea Development Bank (KDB) negotiating team in Hong Kong during the second week of June (see WAI Update — June '01, p.1). The meeting was to be an all-out negotiating session that was to continue until a detailed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.