VIENNA – OOO General Motors Avto, the Russian General Motors Corp. plant based in St. Petersburg, will halt output of Chevrolet Antara and Opel Captiva cross/utility vehicles for two months beginning July 1, a result of the economic crisis. The decision comes as the plant, which assembles vehicles from complete-knocked-down kits, was due to restart work after a 20-day shutdown to tool for production of the Chevrolet Cruze sedan. “Having carefully studied the state of the Russian car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.