DETROIT – General Motors Corp.’s Asia/Pacific division is letting Suzuki Motor Corp. take the lead in negotiations with the Indian government regarding an up-for-grabs stake in Maruti Udyog Ltd. The government is divesting its 50% stake in Maruti, an equal joint automotive venture with Suzuki. GM holds a 20% stake in the Japanese maker. Rudolph A. Schlais, outgoing president of GM Asia/Pacific, says the auto maker has informed the Indian government that it should operate solely through ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.