DETROIT – General Motors Corp.’s Pro-Tec composite box technology, offered on its Chevy Silverado fullsize pickup, is missing take-rate forecasts by 90%, Ward’s has learned. “It is selling at a slower rate than we forecasted,” a Chevy spokesman confirms. About 5,000 Silverados featuring Pro-Tec have been sold since the option became available last summer. GM expected to sell some 50,000 Silverados annually with the $850 Pro-Tec option. A demostration shows the dent-resistance ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.