North American manufacturers are on track to meet their September production schedules, but with some big swings in cars and trucks and a large overbuild at General Motors Corp. Ward's estimates September production will total 1.428 million, the same as scheduled for the month and 14.7% above same-month 2001. It will mark the biggest increase in monthly output this year. Manufacturers will meet their September plan by overbuilding their truck schedules by nearly 40,000 units. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.