DETROIT – A week after adding some 17,900 units to first-quarter North American production plans, General Motors Corp. has again boosted output, this time by 17, 200 units. Thus, GM’s first-quarter schedule – now totaling 1,261,500 cars and trucks – stands 35,100 units, or 2.8%, ahead of where it was a month ago. It is 9.3% above the 1,185,900 vehicles built in GM’s North American plants a year ago. That compares with a 4.6% increase vs. year-ago for the Chrysler Group and a decline of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.