DETROIT – Making its debut on the high-performance Saab Aero SportCombi this fall is a new all-aluminum 2.8L turbocharged V-6 that also will be made available for the ’06 9-3 Aero Sport Sedan and 9-3 Aero Convertible. With 24 valves, variable intake valve timing and twin-scroll turbocharger, the new V-6 pumps out 250-hp and, true to Saab heritage, the performance centers on low-end torque. The turbo delivers maximum 258 lb.-ft. (350 Nm) of torque by 2,000 rpm and maintains it through 4,500 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.