RAYONG province, Thailand -- General Motors Corp. is interested in buying the Indian government’s half of Maruti Udyog Ltd. but is not in discussions right now, GM Asia/Pacific officials say. Part of the problem is that GM needs more detail before pursuing shares in the $1.3 billion Maruti that is 50% owned by Suzuki Motor Corp., an Alliance partner with GM. Key questions remain, says Basil Drossos, vice president-operations and India for GM Asia/Pacific. The government has said it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.