If you’re a General Motors Corp. dealer and want to make some fast and easy money, we have a word for you: accessories. It’s a $27 billion market and franchised dealers capture only 10% of that while the aftermarket companies control the other 90%. GM officials say the auto maker is intent on changing that equation. The plans are ambitious – “If we’re not growing this business by $100 million a year then we’re not doing our job,” says Doug Herberger, GM North America vice ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.