DETROIT – Three months ago, the supplier community was in a full panic when it learned General Motors Corp. had a new get-tough policy allowing parts makers to easily be “de-sourced” from long-term supply contracts. The suppliers learned of the initiative through word-of-mouth from fellow executives and news stories, rather than from GM. Bo Andersson, GM’s vice president-worldwide purchasing, production control and logistics, now apologizes and takes responsibility for not having better ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.