DEARBORN, MI – Chrysler LLC’s announcement this week it is developing a Chevrolet Volt-like extended-range electric vehicle (EREV) stunned some, but the move comes as no shock to General Motors Corp., a top engineer says. GM first rolled out its Volt concept in January 2007 to a skeptical industry, with many insiders predicting Li-ion battery technology would never be ready in time for the car’s 2010 targeted launch. “We’re not surprised,” Jon Lauckner, vice president-global program ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.