Fierce competition has driven GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. to the snowy slopes of a posh South Korean ski resort. It’s one of many special promotions the auto maker is using to boost sales of its newly launched Winstorm cross/utility vehicle and Tosca premium sedan. Rick Labelle, GMDAT vice president-sales and marketing, says the auto maker has been forced to come up with creative ways to compete with the two giants in the Korean market. “Hyundai (Motor Co. Ltd.) and Kia (Motor ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.