SEOUL – When Michael Grimaldi set the Lacetti Premiere/Chevrolet Cruze compact-car program in motion, he followed two strategic guidelines. The auto maker needed to sell more units of the new-generation model than the one it was replacing – no small feat considering the current Lacetti is GM Daewoo Auto and Technology Co.’s best-selling vehicle. The new model also had to be more profitable per unit than the previous Lacetti. “In most major countries, smaller vehicles are less profitable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.