Management at South Korea's GM Daewoo Auto & Technology Co. is breathing a sigh of relief after reaching a new tentative agreement with its labor union on Aug. 23. The new contract includes a 5.2% wage hike, marginally higher than the 5.1% increase won by workers at rival Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. on July 26. It also includes a substantial 3 million won ($3,139) one-time bonus per employee and sweetens the previous labor agreement negotiated with the union on July 27, which was narrowly ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.